Are you new to unit testing?
This workshop is aimed at people who would like to improve their development skills by practially learning to write professional quality code.
Modifying production code without unit test cases is similar to walking through a field of landmines and writing and maintaining good unit tests can be real hard work, hence is this workshop, where instead of just covering the syntax, we will introduce most of tips and tricks to write good UnitTests with ease as we build the code together.
This workshop will help you to adopt unit testing if:
- You spend a lot of non-billable hours fixing bugs
- You and your team have adopted unit tests, but now you feel that
- The tests are slowing you down
- Having practical, good coverage is real hard
- You want to adopt unit testing and would like to avoid common pitfalls
- Your application is huge and developers cannot modify it fast enough.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who wants to write safer code Eg. Developers using Python and would like to learn how to avoid introducing mistakes in their software.
- Should be familiar with basic coding with Python.
- Please bring you own laptop with python 2.7 or above installed
- Detailed setup instructions will be emailed a week before the workshop day